Horseradish Spinach Salad Recipe
Every time I serve this fresh spinach salad, I’m asked for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the zesty dressing, bacon pieces and toasted pecans. It’s so easy and impressive.
- 3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Add the sugar, vinegar, horseradish, mustard and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a salad bowl, toss spinach with pecans and bacon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups dressing).
1 cup: 163 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Horseradish Spinach Salad
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2011
"This was a very good spinach salad."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC