Horseradish Spinach Salad Recipe
Every time I serve this fresh spinach salad, I’m asked for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the zesty dressing, bacon pieces and toasted pecans. It’s so easy and impressive.
- 3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and sour cream; cover and process until smooth. Add the sugar, vinegar, horseradish, mustard and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss spinach with pecans and bacon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups dressing).
Originally published as Horseradish Spinach Salad in Country Extra May 2008, p49
Reviews for Horseradish Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review