Horseradish Sauce Recipe
The combination of mustard and horseradish gives this flavorful sauce just the right amount of zip. It's perfect for spicing up all kinds of beef.—Jim Cosgrove, Burlington, Ontario
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the seasonings, horseradish and lemon juice. Serve over roast beef or spread on beef sandwiches. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC