Horseradish Sauce for Veggies
Horseradish adds zing to the warm sour cream sauce Dolores Lueken of Ferdinand, Indiana often drapes over vegetables. "This sauce is incredibly quick to make," she writes. "And it really perks up cooked broccoli and cauliflower."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.