Horseradish Mustard Dip
A tongue-tingling blend of zesty flavors comes together in Shirley Glaab's versatile vegetable dip. "This is also great on ham, turkey or roast beef sandwiches," she suggests from Hattiesburg, Mississippi, "I stir a little into my potato salad, egg salad and tuna salad, too." To suit more timid tastes, cut the horseradish back to 2 teaspoons.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chives, mayonnaise, dill,
- horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.