When my husband and I first tasted this delicious ham, we were surprised to learn that the sauce included horseradish. That secret ingredient definitely is the key to its tangy taste. I serve it for Easter and Christmas.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cut ham into 1/4-in. slices and tie with kitchen string. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine honey and cloves; drizzle over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours, basting often with drippings.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, horseradish and lemon juice. Baste ham with brown sugar sauce, allowing sauce to drip down between the slices. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish Honey Ham in Country Woman March/April 2000, p31
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Horseradish Honey Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review