Horseradish Honey Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Cut ham into 1/4-in. slices and tie with kitchen string. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Combine honey and cloves; drizzle over ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours, basting often with drippings.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, horseradish and lemon juice. Baste ham with brown sugar sauce, allowing sauce to drip down between the slices. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham equals 223 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,500 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Horseradish Honey Ham
"Best ham ever."
"I make this ham EVERY time I make ham! It is by far the best ham I have ever made and my family isn't even that fond of horseradish. I have shared this recipe with all of my friends!"
"I have made this recipe 3 times and it has been a hit every time. Whenever the holidays come around and I am preparing to make a ham, my husband begs me to make this recipe. No wonder its a contest winner! Truly amazing!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer