Horseradish Honey Ham
When my husband and I first tasted this delicious ham, we were surprised to learn that the sauce included horseradish. That secret ingredient definitely is the key to its tangy taste. I serve it for Easter and Christmas.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cut ham into 1/4-in. slices and tie with kitchen string. Place ham on
- a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine honey and cloves; drizzle over ham. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1-1/4 hours, basting often with drippings.
- Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar, horseradish and lemon juice.
- Baste ham with brown sugar sauce, allowing sauce to drip down
- between the slices. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham equals 223 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,500 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer