This glaze is my favorite way to really spark a baked ham. We harvest horseradish (a member of the mustard family) from our fields every year. This leftovers make great sandwiches with horseradish, of course!Cathy & Monte Seus, Tulelake, California
20-24 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bale: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham or boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Score ham and stud with cloves. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, horseradish and lemon juice. Baste
- ham during the last 30 minutes of baking. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 168 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer