Horseradish Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
The mild horseradish flavor in these smooth mashed potatoes make them and sensational accompaniment for a savory beef roast.—Margaret Hanson-Maddox, Montpelier, Indiana
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking liquid; set aside.
- 2. Mash potatoes with the reserved cooking liquid, mayonnaise, horseradish, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 217 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC