Horseradish-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; stir in the horseradish, salt, basil, thyme and pepper. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Spread over top of tenderloin. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 268 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat
Reviews for Horseradish-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin
"Made this for Christmas dinner and it was very well received! I roasted the garlic earlier in the day. When cool, I used the side of a wide blade knife to mash the roasted garlic into a paste, mixed with the horseradish & breadcrumbs and set aside. Took meat out of the frig 30 minutes prior to roasting. Followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfectly. Will definitely make this again; easy and elegant!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.