Horseradish-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Wow friends and family with this tender beef encased in a golden horseradish crust. Roasted garlic boosts the mouthwatering flavor even more. —Laura Bagozzi, Dublin, Ohio
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; stir in the horseradish, salt, basil, thyme and pepper. Add bread crumbs; toss to coat. Spread over top of tenderloin. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Horseradish-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >