Horseradish Creamed Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, horseradish, onion, salt and pepper; add carrots and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 349 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Horseradish Creamed Carrots
"Horrible. The flavor was odd with the sweetness of the carrots and the spicy taste of the horseradish just didnt do it for me or my family."
"my sister mary made this recipe for easter dinner and it was wonderful, it gives life to carrots i will be sure to pass ths on"
"my husband requests this dish at every gathering. He really likes the flavor that the horseradish gives to the carrots."