Horseradish Creamed Carrots
My family enjoys this flavorful side dish with just about any meat. Carrots never tasted so good! —Meredith Sayre, Burlington, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil;
- reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, horseradish, onion,
- salt and pepper; add carrots and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflake crumbs
- and butter; sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 349 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.