Horseradish Creamed Carrots Recipe
My family enjoys this flavorful side dish with just about any meat. Carrots never tasted so good! —Meredith Sayre, Burlington, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, horseradish, onion, salt and pepper; add carrots and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 349 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC