My family enjoys this flavorful side dish with just about any meat. Carrots never tasted so good! —Meredith Sayre, Burlington, Kentucky
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, horseradish, onion, salt and pepper; add carrots and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish Creamed Carrots in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 29
Reviews for Horseradish Creamed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review