"My husband and I love to grill burgers year-round," relates Chris Anderson of Morton, Illinois. "This variation with a creamy and flavorful filling is a bit with our family and friends."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine beef, steak sauce and seasoned salt; mix
- well. Shape into 16 thin patties. In a small bowl, combine cream
- cheese, horseradish and mustard. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into
- the center of half of the patties; top with remaining patties. Press
- edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.