"My husband and I love to grill burgers year-round," relates Chris Anderson of Morton, Illinois. "This variation with a creamy and flavorful filling is a bit with our family and friends."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine beef, steak sauce and seasoned salt; mix well. Shape into 16 thin patties. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, horseradish and mustard. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into the center of half of the patties; top with remaining patties. Press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish Burgers in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p10
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Horseradish Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review