Horseradish Broccoli Salad
Horseradish gives this well-seasoned salad a special zing. The radishes and broccoli add a festive yule flair but I prepare it for my husband and our two boys all year long.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- Grated radishes
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat
- until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Stir in
- horseradish. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Meanwhile, place
- broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; reduce
- heat. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse
- with cold water; drain well. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and
- refrigerate. Just before serving, spoon sauce over broccoli. Garnish
- with radishes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.