Horseradish Beet Salad
"The horseradish marinade sparks the flavor of this simple salad," says field editor Doris Heath of Bryson City, North Carolina. "The beets look particularly pretty on a bed of lettuce."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 pounds beets, cooked and julienned
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and horseradish. Add beets and toss
- to coat. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Serve on lettuce.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 68 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.