When our children were young, we'd attend a local horse show every Saturday night. During our fun-filled evening, we would nibble on this tasty chicken.
Featured In: 17 All-American Recipes for Election Night
- 8 chicken breast quarters, skin removed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each black pepper, white pepper, paprika, chili powder and poultry seasoning
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour buttermilk over. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding buttermilk. In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and seasonings; dredge chicken pieces. Place on waxed paper for 15 minutes to dry.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 10 minutes or until chicken is dark brown and crispy and juices run clear, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Horse-Show Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p37
Reviews for Horse-Show Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review