- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon butter, softened, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups ground walnuts
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough into four portions; roll each into a 12-in. circle.
- Melt the remaining butter. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, 3/4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and melted butter. Spread over circles. Cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges, starting from the wide ends.
- Place point side down on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- Place remaining sugar in a small shallow bowl. Roll warm cookies in sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Horn Walnut Cookies
Sort By :
My family loves these, and I love making them. They are relatively easy, taste wonderful, and look beautiful on a holiday cookie tray. I have a convection oven , so mine bake for a much shorter time, so watch the first trays carefully, or they might burn
I reduced the cooking time to fifteen minutes or else the cookies burned and got hard in my oven. You may have to adjust your cooking time. 30 minutes seems way too long.
Delicate and tender cookies that look like they are difficult to make but are really rather easy. I make these every Christmas.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >