Hoppin' Good Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pastel marshmallows, divided
- Maraschino cherry, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in water until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened, stirring frequently. Set aside 10-12 oranges for garnish.
- 2. Fold whipped cream, 3/4 cup marshmallows and remaining oranges into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows.
- 3. Chill until firm. Garnish with reserved oranges and a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Hoppin' Good Salad
"This salad is so pretty and makes a great presentation...I make it for every Easter. It is light and creamy!"