Hoppin' Good Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pastel marshmallows, divided
- Maraschino cherry, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in water until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened, stirring frequently. Set aside 10-12 oranges for garnish.
- 2. Fold whipped cream, 3/4 cup marshmallows and remaining oranges into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows.
- 3. Chill until firm. Garnish with reserved oranges and a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 242 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Hoppin' Good Salad
"This salad is so pretty and makes a great presentation...I make it for every Easter. It is light and creamy!"