"Everybunny" at your Easter meal's bound to love this smooth medley—take it from Gail Kuntz. "I have to admit, anything containing cream cheese is automatically a winner with me," the Dillon, Montana cook laughingly confides. "With that ingredient plus tangy oranges, gelatin and fluffy marshmallows, this salad is always a hit with others who try it, too."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pastel marshmallows, divided
- Maraschino cherry, optional
- In a bowl, cream cheese and gelatin powder. Stir in water until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened, stirring frequently. Set aside 10-12 oranges for garnish.
- Fold whipped cream, 3/4 cup marshmallows and remaining oranges into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining marshmallows.
- Chill until firm. Garnish with reserved oranges and a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hoppin' Good Salad in Country Woman March/April 2000, p28
Reviews for Hoppin' Good Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2012
"This salad is so pretty and makes a great presentation...I make it for every Easter. It is light and creamy!"