- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add flour; mix until blended. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda and salt; stir just until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Hoosier Crumb Cake in Country August/September 1998, p51
Reviews for Hoosier Crumb Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2013
"For Weight Watchers this recipe made as is is only 6 pts. Enjoy!"