- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add flour; mix until blended. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda and salt; stir just until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Hoosier Crumb Cake in Country August/September 1998, p51
Reviews for Hoosier Crumb Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2013
For Weight Watchers this recipe made as is is only 6 pts. Enjoy!