Honeyed Fig & Ricotta Appetizers Recipe
Stave off hungry guests' growling stomachs with these tasty bites. Don't let their upscale appearance fool you—the warm appetizers are really quite simple to make. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 gingersnap cookies
- 8 dried figs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread 1 teaspoon over each cookie. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Cut each fig into three slices; place on cheese mixture. Drizzle fig slices with honey. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 66 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC