Honeydew Shrimp Salad Recipe
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large honeydew, quartered and seeded
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, egg and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Spoon onto honeydew quarters. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 438 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 234 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.