Honeydew Granita Recipe
This is a very refreshing summer treat when melons are ripe and flavorful. It's also so easy to make. I like to garnish each serving with a sprig of mint or a small slice of honeydew.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups cubed peeled honeydew
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- 2. Place honeydew in a food processor; add sugar syrup and wine. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish.
- 3. Freeze for 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir again with a fork just before serving. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC