Honeydew Granita Recipe
This is a very refreshing summer treat when melons are ripe and flavorful. It's also so easy to make. I like to garnish each serving with a sprig of mint or a small slice of honeydew.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups cubed peeled honeydew
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- 2. Pulse honeydew, sugar syrup and wine in a food processor until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir again with a fork just before serving. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup: 104 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Honeydew Granita
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC