Make this refreshing summer treat when melons are ripe and flavorful. I like to garnish each serving with a sprig of mint or a small slice of honeydew. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups cubed peeled honeydew
- 2 tablespoons sweet white wine
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Pulse honeydew, sugar syrup and wine in a food processor until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish.
- Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir again with a fork just before serving. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Honeydew Granita in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p69
Reviews for Honeydew Granita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review