Honeydew Fruit Salad Recipe
Our Test Kitchen tossed together this refreshing medley that's a colorful addition to Easter dinner or most any meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large honeydew, cut into balls or cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juices; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine the honeydew, oranges, mint and reserved pineapple. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, tract fat (trace saturated fat) 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC