Honeydew Fruit Salad
Our Test Kitchen tossed together this refreshing medley that's a colorful addition to Easter dinner or most any meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large honeydew, cut into balls or cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices; set pineapple aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and
- refrigerate until cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the honeydew, oranges, mint and
- reserved pineapple. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 117 calories, tract fat (trace saturated fat) 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.