Honeydew Fruit Bowls
"Melon puree over sweet fruit is a welcome summer dish," shares Alaska field editor Isabel Fowler from Fairbanks. "Melon halves make fun 'bowls'."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large honeydew, halved
- 1 large red apple, diced
- 1 large navel orange, sectioned
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Remove fruit from honeydew; set melon bowls and fruit aside. In a
- bowl, combine apple, orange, banana, kiwi, 1/4 cup blueberries,
- orange juice concentrate and lemon juice. Spoon into the melon
- bowls; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine honeydew,
- raspberries and remaining blueberries; cover and process until
- blended. Stir in cream. Pour over fruit. Set bowls in a bed of ice;
- serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (2 fruit bowls).
Nutritional Facts: One 2/3-cup serving equals 58 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.