"Melon puree over sweet fruit is a welcome summer dish," shares Alaska field editor Isabel Fowler from Fairbanks. "Melon halves make fun 'bowls'."
- 1 large honeydew, halved
- 1 large red apple, diced
- 1 large navel orange, sectioned
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Remove fruit from honeydew; set melon bowls and fruit aside. In a bowl, combine apple, orange, banana, kiwi, 1/4 cup blueberries, orange juice concentrate and lemon juice. Spoon into the melon bowls; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine honeydew, raspberries and remaining blueberries; cover and process until blended. Stir in cream. Pour over fruit. Set bowls in a bed of ice; serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (2 fruit bowls).
Originally published as Honeydew Fruit Bowls in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p17
Reviews for Honeydew Fruit Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review