Honeydew and Cantaloupe Soup Recipe
Crisp and refreshing, this honeydew soup from Mrs. Earle Davis is sure to cool off those warm summer days. The reader from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania suggests adding fresh blueberries for an extra burst of flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups diced cantaloupe, divided
- 1-1/4 cups diced honeydew
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine 1-1/4 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, sugar and mint; cover and process for 1 minute. Add the wine or grape juice, yogurt and cream; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Pour into soup bowls. Garnish with remaining cantaloupe and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
Reviews for Honeydew and Cantaloupe Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC