Honeydew and Cantaloupe Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups diced cantaloupe, divided
- 1-1/4 cups diced honeydew
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Mint sprigs, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine 1-1/4 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, sugar and mint; cover and process for 1 minute. Add the wine or grape juice, yogurt and cream; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Pour into soup bowls. Garnish with remaining cantaloupe and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Honeydew and Cantaloupe Soup
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.