Crisp and refreshing, this honeydew soup from Mrs. Earle Davis is sure to cool off those warm summer days. The reader from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania suggests adding fresh blueberries for an extra burst of flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups diced cantaloupe, divided
- 1-1/4 cups diced honeydew
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a blender, combine 1-1/4 cups cantaloupe, honeydew, sugar and mint; cover and process for 1 minute. Add the wine or grape juice, yogurt and cream; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour into soup bowls. Garnish with remaining cantaloupe and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honeydew Soup in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Honeydew and Cantaloupe Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review