- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Stir in the butter, honey, egg, whole wheat flour, oats, salt and 1 cup of all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Shape into 15 rolls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 15 rolls.
Reviews for Honey Whole Wheat Rolls
"Delicious. Next time I would shape them into smaller rolls."
"Very good! I will use this recipe again."
"What delicious rolls!! They were not difficult to make for this first time wheat bread baker. This recipe will be one I will use again and again."
"Wonderful flavor and texture...recipe is very accurate...only downfall - ate way too much:) I plan to use this recipe often for our church dinners."
"I like this recipes because it's healthy and fast. Also it is just right for 2 people."