Honey Whole Wheat Pan Rolls Recipe
With their pleasant wheat flavor and a honey of a glaze, these rolls impress my guests. Every time I take them to potluck dinners, I come home with an empty pan. —Nancye Thompson, Paducah, Kentucky
- 4 to 5 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons honey
- HONEY GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, butter and water to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Beat in eggs. Stir in whole wheat flour and enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- 3. Divide dough into thirds. Roll each portion into a 20-in. rope. Cut each into 20 pieces; shape each into a ball. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans; arrange 20 balls in each pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter. Add honey; beat until light and fluffy. Remove rolls from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm rolls. Serve with honey butter. Yield: 5 dozen (1-1/4 cups honey butter).
1 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Honey Whole Wheat Pan Rolls
Reviewed May. 19, 2016
"This is definitely "a must try" bread recipe."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC