Honey Whole Wheat Bread
You'll appreciate the hearty whole wheat goodness in this tender bread from Diane Kahnk of Tecumseh, Nebraska. The recipe calls for a blend of whole wheat and white flours to produce a loaf that tastes just like Grandma used to make.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One slice equals 127 calories, 146 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.