- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 8 to 9 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, honey, eggs, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat on medium for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into loaves. Place in three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Honey White Loaves
Sort By :
"I made this bread last week. It is delicious and very easy to make. I took one of the pieces of dough and made a cinnamon and sugar loaf. Yummy!! I will make it again. I found this recipe in my TOH Best of Country Breads cookbook."
"This bread is fantastic! Perfect texture for sandwiches and toast, and I love the honey. Making another batch"
"Will have to give this a try......."
"My kids love this bread. I like that the recipe is easy to follow and yield 3 great tasting loaves."