Honey Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Assorted fresh fruit and/or maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, banana and honey; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with fruit and/or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without optional toppings) equals 253 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.