Even my kids love these wholesome pancakes! The thick and tender pancakes have a delightful hint of honey and cinnamon that you'll love. —Martina Bias, Belleville, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Assorted fresh fruit and/or maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, banana and honey; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with fruit and/or syrup if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Honey Wheat Pancakes in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p41
Reviews for Honey Wheat Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review