Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
This wholesome bread from Wannetta Ehnes of Eagle Bend, Minnesota is delicious warm out of the bread machine. Serve it with dinner or toasted for breakfast.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours YIELD:20 servings
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
1 slice equals 115 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC