Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
This wholesome bread from Wannetta Ehnes of Eagle Bend, Minnesota is delicious warm out of the bread machine. Serve it with dinner or toasted for breakfast.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
1 slice equals 115 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC