- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread
Sort By :
This baked up great! I only had all-purpose flour instead of bread, but it worked fine. I might cut down on the honey next time as it was a little too sweet. But SO so good! kids loved it!
This is a family favorite! We like a little more wheat flour, so I just change the proportions.
This bread is delicious. I made it as written in my breadmaker. I wish it was a tad less dense and a bit softer.
This is a great recipe. I have 3 books, and have tried a lot. I make this with the medium crust, 2 pounds. Each time with this recipe I add flax seed and slivered almonds, or toasted pumpkin seeds. This is so good. Hooked.
Martha in Nashville.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Machine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >