- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread
Sort By :
"First, I make bread 1 to 2 times a week and enjoy trying new recipes for variation. Dough was very sticky, added 3/4 cup more flour, did not rise well, too sweet for our taste, will not make again."
"This baked up great! I only had all-purpose flour instead of bread, but it worked fine. I might cut down on the honey next time as it was a little too sweet. But SO so good! kids loved it!"
"This is a family favorite! We like a little more wheat flour, so I just change the proportions."
"This bread is delicious. I made it as written in my breadmaker. I wish it was a tad less dense and a bit softer."
"I frequently add flax to this recipe. My husband raises flax and has raised canola. We also have bee hives on our property from local beekeepers. Thanks for the comments."