- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread
Sort By :
First, I make bread 1 to 2 times a week and enjoy trying new recipes for variation. Dough was very sticky, added 3/4 cup more flour, did not rise well, too sweet for our taste, will not make again.
This baked up great! I only had all-purpose flour instead of bread, but it worked fine. I might cut down on the honey next time as it was a little too sweet. But SO so good! kids loved it!
This is a family favorite! We like a little more wheat flour, so I just change the proportions.
This bread is delicious. I made it as written in my breadmaker. I wish it was a tad less dense and a bit softer.