Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread(6)
Sort By :
This is a family favorite! We like a little more wheat flour, so I just change the proportions.
This bread is delicious. I made it as written in my breadmaker. I wish it was a tad less dense and a bit softer.
This is a great recipe. I have 3 books, and have tried a lot. I make this with the medium crust, 2 pounds. Each time with this recipe I add flax seed and slivered almonds, or toasted pumpkin seeds. This is so good. Hooked.
Martha in Nashville.
We love this recipe and have made it several times! We prefer the light setting on our bread machine. Either way is great, though.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Machine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >