Honey Wheat Muffins
"Mix these up in a wink for a tender-textured treat with sweet honey taste," shares Carolyn Deming of Miami, Arizona. "You can sample them close to half an hour after starting."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt. In another
- bowl, beat egg, honey, milk, oil and lemon peel; stir into the dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes
- before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.