Honey Wheat Breadsticks
Not only are these breadsticks delicious, but they come together very easily. Whole wheat flour and a little honey help give them a wholesome taste and keep them on the healthy side.
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of
- mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 16 portions; shape each into a ball. Roll each into an
- 8-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breadstick equals 131 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.