Not only are these breadsticks delicious, but they come together very easily. Whole wheat flour and a little honey help give them a wholesome taste and keep them on the healthy side.
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 16 portions; shape each into a ball. Roll each into an 8-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 16 breadsticks.
Originally published as Honey Wheat Breadsticks in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p31
Reviews for Honey Wheat Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review