- Turn onto a surface floured with all-purpose flour; knead until
- smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl,
- turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- fourths. Shape into four round loaves. Sprinkle greased baking
- sheets with cornmeal; place loaves on prepared pans. Let rise until
- doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when
- tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks. Brush with butter; cool.
- Yield: 4 loaves (15 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 66 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.