Honey Walleye Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 45 to 50)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg; add honey. In a plastic bag, combine crackers and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture, then shake in bag until coated.
- 2. In a skillet, cook fillets in oil for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 389 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Honey Walleye
"Made this recipe when my kids were home from CO. I was very disappointed and won't make it again."
"This receipe is a keeper.... I've used it twice and am extremely happy with the results!"
"Turned out great, thanks!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.