Our state is known as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", so fishing is a favorite recreation here. This recipe is a quick way to prepare all the fresh walleye that's hooked by the anglers in our family.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 45 to 50)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg; add honey. In a plastic bag, combine
- crackers and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture, then shake in bag until
- In a skillet, cook fillets in oil for 3-5 minutes per side or until
- golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges
- if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.