Honey Walleye Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 45 to 50)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 walleye fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg; add honey. In a plastic bag, combine crackers and salt. Dip fish in egg mixture, then shake in bag until coated.
- 2. In a skillet, cook fillets in oil for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Honey Walleye
"Made this recipe when my kids were home from CO. I was very disappointed and won't make it again."
"This receipe is a keeper.... I've used it twice and am extremely happy with the results!"
"Turned out great, thanks!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.