This golden, honey-sweetened squash can easily pass as a potato dish. A hearty, pretty side for special autumn meals. Bianca Noiseux, Bristol, Connecticut
- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash squash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p89
Reviews for Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review