Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash Recipe
This golden, honey-sweetened squash can easily pass as a potato dish. A hearty, pretty side for special autumn meals. Bianca Noiseux, Bristol, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain. Mash squash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC