Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash squash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash(19)
Sort By :
This recipe is so good! In addition to making it with butternut squash, I've also made it with Heart of Gold and Sweet Dumpling squash. The results were equally delicious!
All I changed was adding a little more salt and pepper. This was delicious and SOOOO easy!
this was a nice twist to butternut squash. I didn't taste the honey much thought and I would cut back the cream to make it a thicker consistency. All in all good and a keeper.
an easy to make side dish. i made it for thanksgiving.
very good, very easy. If you cook the squash in the microwave for around 30 minutes, the skin peels right off. Slice in half lengthwise, place in a pan with a little water and microwave on high for 20-30 minutes or until soft. Like you would for acorn squash. then I put into the mixer with ingredients. Very easy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >