- 1 large butternut squash (about 5 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add squash; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash squash with the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Thyme Butternut Squash
Sort By :
"I've made this several times and even those that don't like squash, loved this."
"This recipe is so good! In addition to making it with butternut squash, I've also made it with Heart of Gold and Sweet Dumpling squash. The results were equally delicious!"
"All I changed was adding a little more salt and pepper. This was delicious and SOOOO easy!"
"this was a nice twist to butternut squash. I didn't taste the honey much thought and I would cut back the cream to make it a thicker consistency. All in all good and a keeper."
"an easy to make side dish. i made it for thanksgiving."