I developed this recipe one day when I was trying to think of something new to do with chicken. The bite-size pieces are great for eating and mingling.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 to 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the tangerine juice, butter, honey, oregano, cumin and hot pepper sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Thread chicken onto 16 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers. In a large skillet, cook skewers in oil in batches over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Tangerine Chicken Skewers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p32
Reviews for Honey-Tangerine Chicken Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review