Honey Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
I make at least one batch of these hearty biscuits each week. They pair perfectly with soups, stews and even breakfast entrees!Mary Ellen Swanson, Rainsville, Alabama
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, sweet potato, butter and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Honey Sweet Potato Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p66
Reviews for Honey Sweet Potato Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Scone Recipes >